Friday, July 24, 2009

Missing in Action



The summer is flying by and our show (in March) feels like it is zooming towards me in fast forward. I've finally gotten all the various parts completed and assembled on some pieces that have been hanging around the studio for a while. The "pieces" of these pieces are becoming more and more complex, I think of them as various voices having conversations.

Areas of the pieces are becoming highly decorative (I read several books by Carol Goodman this summer and in one she writes about the work of William Morris) so I started integrating this type of printed pattern in the stitchery sections. Here is one in progress.









The overall piece has six panels. Here is how they are configured (at this point), that could change.















And finally, I completed this very RED piece and I am quite happy with it.






2 comments:

  1. I really hope I get to see them all in person. They are beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am enjoying all of these pieces, so reminiscent of William Morris's beautfiul patterns. Of course, I am fascinated by the conversations between/among the lines and marks appearing in the painted surfaces and the stitched fabrics and papers that you've integrated.

    ReplyDelete