Friday, December 18, 2009

Remnants of a Retreat

Jean Banas & Krista Harris pause for a critique: Last weekend, I was invited to attend a retreat at the Atlantic Center for the Arts by one of my favorite artists, most gracious friends, and mentor: Jean Banas. Jean is an energetic, accomplished action painter whose work never ceases to fascinate me. Twelve other gifted, supportive artist friends joined us, including our colleague, Krista Harris, from Colorado.


While at ACA, I produced some of my own work, but continued working on collaborations with some of Fran Gardner's tapestries. I am still finishing up the wooden boxes and boards on which I've painted my own work and will now install Fran's Gardner art on platforms that I have constructed. Another friend and art diva, Robin Moore, has suggested a name for this series of collaborations: I will be using her concept of "remnants." Here is Remnants of Past Lives:




















Remnants of Evidence (below):


















And, lastly, Remnants of the Journey:

1 comment:

  1. Wow, Pat, you have really been working! These are amazing pieces and I can't imagine the task of integrating another artist's work into your own. You are very generous to do this. I would love to see "Remnants of the Journey" up close. It wouldn't enlarge when I clicked on it. Keep up the good work and I look forward to seeing what else comes forth.

    ReplyDelete