Friday, June 12, 2009

5pm Friday

Last hour of our week of work together, Pat and I have had intensive and focused work time and we have both had some struggles and some successes! It had been a pleasure having her to work with this week alongside my students and me. The students have enjoyed watching Pat "morph" her work each day, rapidly making both radical and minor changes until the piece "worked." Here is the beginning and maybe the ending of one very large piece of Pat's.
Our show title "Across the Universe" started with a common interest in a cruciform format, but has grown into a greater concept of crosses -- cross section of materials, processes, ideas -- in addition to a way to structure a work or make a mark. Here are a couple of pieces that I worked on. I focused primarily on stitchery this week and brought two pieces close to conclusion.

We have had great critiques, lots of interest from students, faculty and administrators all week.

A VERY special thanks to Lisa Hammond for shooting some really beautiful pictures and getting us started with the blog. She is an artist of many talents.
A VERY special thanks to my husband for the great meals he cooked for us so that when we got home the food was warm and delicious and the wine was chilled.
And a VERY special thanks to Pat for agreeing to take the long drive up to SC, set up in an unfamiliar studio, serve as a role model for my students and work these long wonderful hours together. I can't wait to do it again.

No comments:

Post a Comment