Friday, June 12, 2009

collaboration - last day


Fran and I produced some great work this past week. As we wind down, we've shared our thoughts, inspirations, drawbacks and strengths. Much of our respective art is still in progress and more photos are included in today's entry. It will fascinating to see where these pieces go. We welcome your criticism and suggestions here.

I've particularly enjoyed working side by side with Fran's gifted students and instructor Brittany Taylor. Fran's academic colleagues, all of whom are dedicated to the education of the adults in their community and state, shared their time and observations, stopping by the studio throughout the week. Special thanks to John Catalano, Dean of USC-Lancaster,and Van Richardson, Esq., who welcomed me into their academic and personal residences, respectively. I will enjoy the antique Ukrainian stamps gifted to me by the University's archivist Brent Burgin, who impresses everyone with the breadth of his knowledge of Catawba Indian culture and pottery. Professor Lisa Hammond provided her inspiring poetry and started this blog for us, photographing many of these images. And as for Professor Fran Gardner, she's a dear friend, colleague, educator and extraordinary artist. Words cannot adequately express my gratitude for all she's given me this week.

3 comments:

  1. I really really enjoyed you being in the studio this week. Watching you work has put many ideas in my head about different ways I can take my work. You really added to the fun friendly air that the studio has and I can't wait til you get to come back.
    Chelsea

    ReplyDelete
  2. Chelsea, you are well on your way to a successful art career. Please visit if you're in my area and let me know where you're going. Thank you for sharing your time and studio with me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wish I could be part of this wonderful collaboration--in fact, I'm just plain jealous. I love the samples of work you have posted. Go Girls!!!
    Annette

    ReplyDelete